Powered by Blogger.

Followers

SULLIVAN BAY

Sunday, July 26th

Clearly I have been neglecting my blog but as our trip winds down there isn’t as much to write about. We stayed July 26th at Sullivan Bay for a second day and today I went out salmon fishing with John and l had a blast! I had to relearn salmon fishing as I lost the first two, landed the third, and lost the fourth bite. We fish with barbless hooks so if the fish gets the slightest bit of slack it shakes loose from the hook. It all happened in this tiny bay across from Sullivan Bay and each time we passed over this one spot I’d hook one up. Anyway, the keeper was a nice 15lb Chinook! We tried our hand again at bottom fishing (unsuccessfully) before heading in to the dock. Tonight is our last night together for the summer as a flotilla – Bryans are peeling off for a longer stay in the Broughtons, so we hosted a celebratory cocktail party on our boat and thankfully the weather cooperated streaming some warm sunshine onto our back deck. The gathering was just supposed to be light appetizers and cocktails at 5:30, but ended up lasting until 10:30 and nobody made it to their respective dinners. Abells brought a bottle of champagne for a toast, and also all the makings for duck farts (Kahlua, Crown, Baileys) so suffice it to say we did not have a healthy dinner but had a fun evening!  



Sullivan Bay, BC V0P 1S0, Canada

No comments