Powered by Blogger.

Followers

RIVER’S INLET TO SULLIVAN BAY

Saturday, July 25th

5AM Alarm, 5:15 Start Your Engines, and 5:30 Underway. The forecasts all point to a smooth crossing but as we know, sometimes forecasts are wrong. Not today! The forecasters were spot on and how thankful we were. We had probably the best crossing of this trip, and perhaps the best crossing John and I have had in recent memory. At times we had huge 6’ rollers but they were big and lazy, no chop whatsoever. The last 4 hours of the trip were just glassy smooth waters, couldn’t have been better. I did not sleep last night finally getting up around 3AM so that John could rest without me flip flopping and keeping him awake. Thus, I felt 1000 years old today, so exhausted. I was able to take a cat nap while underway so that was a bit refreshing and helped but tonight will be an early night for me. We are all secured at the dock at Sullivan Bay, where it is currently pouring, and it appears that the weather will be rainy in the coming days as well. Sullivan Bay makes the MOST delicious cinnamon buns on the planet, and we have two on order for tomorrow morning. I don’t know how they make them, but I wish I could be there to watch. No frosting or any topping, just gooey with sugar and cinnamon that is carmelized on throughout. So incredible. John and I are heading out to see if we can catch some ling cod soon, even in the rain. There’s a place nearby where we always catch them so hoping for a repeat. The forecast for the next 5 days is pretty much rain. The Broughtons are our most lucrative hunting grounds for fish and shellfish so we are going to “buck up buttercup” and dress for the weather and hunt and gather anyway! Off we go! Will report back later. I love ling cod fishing....so fun (and it doesn't last for 5 hours at a time like salmon fishing, but don't tell John I said that). 

One of the many charming buildings at Sullivan Bay




Sullivan Bay, BC V0P 1S0, Canada

No comments