Powered by Blogger.

Followers

July 14, 2022 – FOLLY’S BAY

Pouring again this morning. I guess we are getting our due share of rain now to offset the nearly perfect weather and heat waves we had in Alaska! As I mentioned, our cove is right at the edge of the big water as we are right across from the end of Calvert Island, essentially the north shore area of River’s Inlet. Regardless of rain, John went fishing twice today while I stayed behind and remained dry and warm inside, reading and doing laundry and other tasks in between card games. I even dragged out a jigsaw puzzle, which I don’t normally do (John loves puzzles) and I actually had fun sorting the pieces and getting the border started. I made a really delicious Thai stew for dinner with chicken thighs, sweet potatoes, in a coconut curry sauce over rice. Half Baked Harvest winner again! J and I are playing endless rounds of rummy. Last night we reached a score of 10,000 (I won this round) so I told him that’s too many numbers to work with and we have to start over. Today/tonight we’ve already attained over 1600 points. Probably 20 hands. Yep we are going a tad stir crazy.

John working the puzzle


No comments