Powered by Blogger.

Followers

JULY 19, 2022 – PORT McNEILL

Today is our last full day in Port McNeill. We have to stay in port for the cell service for John’s conference call tonight, then tomorrow we will be on our way to the next 10 days of being off grid for the most part. It’s raining! What the heck. Residents here are grumbling about their “non-summer” as well, I guess the rain and chill has been pervasive for them as well. Today is the rest of the dreaded provisioning day so that awaits me. Supposed to stop raining later this morning so I will of course wait for that before embarking on that marathon. The store is close enough to walk to but without a car I have to roll the grocery cart all the way back to the top of the dock where there are dock carts for the rest of the journey…..sometimes there are….yesterday I wheeled a cart all the way down the dock, it’s pretty common practice here with the boaters. I will also hopefully get to post the rest of my blog days up until today since wifi will be scarce. T-Mobile has once again already reduced our data speed to the ice age, making it impossible to do anything much over cellular data. I am hoping to get my chores done in time to go visit Alert Bay but I don’t think it’s going to happen.

Finished the shopping and stowing, cleaned, dumped garbage, and fueled up the boat, so we are ready to head out early in the morning. The winds are kicking up tomorrow so we want to get across Queen Charlotte Sound as early as possible. We are hosting Bill and Kim Halley for happy hour late this afternoon, they just pulled into Port McNeill. I don’t have any pictures for you today, and we are going off grid for another 10 days – maybe we’ll get service here and there who knows. Anyway, I’ll be back eventually! Until next time….. 

1 comment

  1. Hi Den, I am loving your blog! Sorry the weather has been yucky but it’s 100 degrees in London so it’s possible the heat wave will hit in BC. Also, I’m totally living for your dinner menus. And the whales 🤣Love to you & John, Sam & Fam

    ReplyDelete